Monday 31 October 2011

I got your candy...right here!


I'm gonna start my first rant/bitch/observation, with Halloween.
Granted, when I was a kid I thought, "Man, all I have to do is put on a garbage bag. Call myself white trash. And people will give me free candy?" Now that I think about it, it's just a pedophile's wet dream.

On any given night, I could go to a bar and find some 17 year old, half dressed and done up like a Mexican prostitute. But to see some of the costumes 10 and 12 year olds were wearing...did your Mommy pick that out for you? I don't think a 9 year old should be dressed as a sexy nurse. Hell, some 40 year olds shouldn't either. If I see one more generously proportioned woman, spilling out of a corset...I may have to punch a kitten. Ya, an adorable, baby cat, right in the face.

Halloween has become another excuse to get loaded, and send the kids out to roam the streets. Halloween used to be about pagan worship (or something like that). And now, the kids have upped the candy ante. Getting an apple, or a small tube of toothpaste was always my favourite let down. Like the yellow sweater at Christmas (don't get me started on that one). Its a Hallmark holiday, designed for candy companies, and dentists to line their pockets.

T McB

No comments:

Post a Comment